Singapore Visa Information
Learn4good provides general information on study, travel, work visa and business visa requirements and the addresses of embassies worldwide. You should contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information or visa forms.
- Child Visitor Visas for Singapore
- Singapore Student Visa Requirements
- Family Visitor Visa for Singapore
- Work Visa for Singapore
Foreigners holding travel documents issued by the following countries will require a visa to enter Singapore:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders), Armenia*, Azerbaijan*, Belarus*, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan*, Kyrgyzstan*, Moldova*, Nigeria, Russia*, Tajikistan*, Turkmenistan*, Ukraine*, Uzbekistan*, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders), Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Myanmar (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders), People's Republic of China大中华彩票平台app (Except Diplomatic/Service/Public Affairs passport holders for a stay of up to 30 days), Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders), Yemen.
Visitors holding these travel documents also require a visa to enter Singapore:
- Hong Kong Document of Identity
- Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit
- Palestinian Authority Passport
- Refugee Travel Document issued by the Middle-East countries
- Temporary Passport issued by United Arab Emirates
* Nationals of the Commonwealth Independent States may be granted entry into Singapore without visas if they are on transit to or from a third country大中华彩票平台app. However, they are required to fulfill the following conditions:
- They are in transit to or from a third country大中华彩票平台app
- They continue their journey to the third country大中华彩票平台app within the 96-hour visa free period granted
- They satisfy Singapore's entry requirements, as determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority officers at the Singapore Checkpoint
- They are in possession of a valid passport
- They are in possession of a confirmed onward air-ticket
- They are in possession of Entry facilities (including visa) to the third country大中华彩票平台app
- They are in possession of Sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore
Note: Possession of a visa alone does not guarantee entry into Singapore. Visitors must also meet entry requirements such as holding a valid passport, sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore and confirmed onward/return air ticket.
The granting of social visit passes to visitors is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they are allowed to enter Singapore:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- Valid Singapore visa, if applicable
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore
- Confirmed onward/return tickets (where applicable)
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
The period of stay granted is shown on the social visit pass endorsement given on the visitor's passport. Visitors are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given before leaving the checkpoint.
All visitors on social visit passes are not permitted to engage in any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Singapore.
Visitors are also reminded that it is a punishable offence to overstay in Singapore beyond the number of days given. If there is a need to stay beyond the period granted, visitors may apply for an extension of stay online via e-XTEND or at the Visitors 大中华彩票平台app Centre, 4th storey, ICA Building, before the social visit pass expires. Application for extension of stay is subject to approval.
What is the cost of a visa?
The current fee for a Singapore visa is S$30 per issue. There is no additional processing fee. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission.
Business visitors and Social visitors
- S$ 40 for an extension of stay accumulating to a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issuance of pass. This fee is applicable for every subsequent extensions of stay accumulating to 3 months or more.
- A visa fee of S$30 is applicable if the applicant has resided in Singapore beyond the visa-free period.
A successful Employment Pass applicant will be granted an Employment Pass valid for two years upon first approval and three years upon subsequent renewals.
A visitor on a Performing Artiste Work Permit is entitled to work for 6 months. If a longer work period is required, an Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit should be obtained.
A Student's Pass allows a foreigner to remain in Singapore for the purposes of study. A foreigner is required to apply for a Student's Pass if he/she has been accepted by an education institution to pursue full-time studies in Singapore, unless he/she is a:
- Dependant's Pass holder studying in a Government/ Government-Aided/ Independent school/ Foreign System School/ Kindergarten registered with MOE or Childcare centre licensed by MCYS;
- Immigration Exemption Order holder; or
- Visitor who has been granted a short term Social Visit Pass at the Singapore Checkpoint and wish to attend a short course that can be completed within the validity of the initial Social Visit Pass granted to him/her at the Singapore Checkpoint or 30 days, whichever is shorter. The course must:
a) be a complete module and stand-alone module of its own. Courses with multiple programme modules are excluded from this Student's Pass exemption scheme; and
b) not involve hands-on practical occupational training and/or industrial attachment which have interaction with walk-in customers or be conducted at premises that are also places of business, e.g. hair salons and beauty salons.
Depending on the type of education institution that a foreigner is intending to study in, the requirements and procedures for applying for a Student's Pass will differ. Please check with the education institution you intend to study with for more information:
Professional Visit Pass
With effect from 1 Jan 99, PVP will no longer be required for foreigners on short-term assignements, except for the following:
- Foreigners who enter Singapore to conduct or participate in conferences, seminars, workshops or gatherings of a racial/communal, religious, cause-related or political nature, including those held on a commercial basis;
- Foreign religious workers coming here to give religious and other talks;
- Foreign journalists and reporters, including accompanying crew members, who are in Singapore to write a story or cover an event; and
- Foreigners performing at nightclubs and lounges.
Foreign professionals/workers ( as listed at Appendix 1) who require more than 3 months' stay will have to apply for a work pass from the Employment Pass Department of Manpower, Singapore.
Foreigners who are exempted from Professional Visit Pass requirement
1 Foreign artistes such as those in cultural troupes and performances.
2 Cmaera crew, film directors, actors, actresses, foreign models and photographers on location shooting.
3 Foreign persons, speakers and lecturers who are here to attend, conduct or participate in seminars, workshops or conferences ( Note: This exemption does not apply to such events which are racial/communal; religious, cause-related or political in nature)
4 Professional artists who wish to exhibit their works.
5 Foreign cultural missions.
6 Foreign sportsmen who are engaged by local sports clubhouses or who are here for sports competition/events.
7 Foreign exhibitors in exhibitions or trade fairs.
Cancellation of PVPs
Foreign artistes issued with PVPs are required to surrender their valid PVPs to Visitor 大中华彩票平台app Centre, ICA, for cancellation within 7 days from the date of cessation or termination of their performances.
Refund of Security Deposit/Release of Banker's Guarantee
The ICA will refund the Security Deposit/release the Banker's Guarantee of foreign artistes issued with PVPs:
- After the foreign artiste's departure from Singapore is confirmed, AND
- There is no breach of any of the conditions stated in the security bond executed by the local sponsor
Generally, it takes about 4 weeks to process the refund of the Security Deposit/release of the Banker's Guarantee.
From ICA to MOM
On 1 February 2008, the Ministry of Manpower took over the PVP function from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and replaced the PVP with the Miscellaneous Work Pass and Work Permit (Performing Artiste).
Embassy contact information:
Please contact the nearest Singapore embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter Singapore.
Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user's sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source & 大中华彩票平台app: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
- Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, Singapore - URL: www.ica.gov.sg
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore - URL: www.mfa.gov.sg
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user's own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country大中华彩票平台app or destination.