Greece Visa Information
Learn4good provides general information on study, travel, work visa and business visa requirements and the addresses of embassies worldwide. You should contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information or visa forms.
Who requires a visa?
All countries and territories that are members of the Schengen acquis, of the EU or of EFTA. Positive visa list of countries (also known as White Schengen List) from whose citizens no visa is required to enter the territory of the EU member states for a period of maximum 90 days.
Albania*****, Andorra***, Antigua and Barbuda , Argentina, Austria*, Australia (including the Cocos Islands, Norfolk Island, Christmas Island)**, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium*, Bermuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina*****, Brazil***, Brunei, Bulgaria*, Canada**, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic*, Denmark*, El Salvador, Estonia*, Finland*, France*(including French Guyane, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, New Caledonia, Réunion, St Pierre and Miquelon), Germany, Greece*, Guatemala, Honduras***, Hungary*, Iceland**, Ireland*, Israel**, Italy*, Japan**, Korea (South)**, Latvia*, Liechtenstein**, Lithuania*, Luxembourg*, Macao, Macedonia*****, Malaysia, Malta*, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco***, Montenegro*****, Netherlands*, New Zealand (including the Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau)**, Nicaragua, Norway*, Panama, Paraguay, Poland*, Portugal*, Romania*, Saint Christopher and Nevis, San Marino***, Serbia******, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Republic*, Slovenia*, Spain* (including Spanish territories in North Africa with Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden*, Switzerland**, Taiwan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Bermuda)*****, United States of America (including Virgin Islands of the United States, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico)**, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela. Without a visa, however, citizens of the above countries may not stay longer than three months every half-year or take up gainful employment requiring a work permit. Excepted are the following.
- * Citizens of European Union member states.
- ** If required, citizens of member states of the European Economic Area and some other countries may obtain a residence and/or work permit after entry.
- *** Provided that they do not intend to enter into employment, citizens of Honduras, Monaco, San Marino may obtain any residence permit required after entry.
- ***** British Nationals (Overseas) with corresponding BN(O) passports are also exempt from the visa requirement.
- ***** The visa waiver applies only to holders of biometric passports.
- ****** The visa waiver applies only to holders of biometric passports (excluding holders of Serbian passports issued by the Serbian Coordination Directorate (in Serbian: Koordinaciona uprava)
What documents will be required?
Applications in person only:
A valid passport (The passport must be valid for a period of at least three (3) months).
In order for a student to enter Greece with a student visa, he/she needs to present a letter from the University (certified by the Greek Government) to the nearest Greek Embassy/ Consulate.
- A “health certificate”. This should be an official certificate from a health institution declaring that the student does not carry any transmitted (contagious) diseases.
- An official certificate that the applicant has no criminal record.
- 4 color passport size pictures
- Passport photocopy
- The attached declaration form signed by the student.
- The attached parental/tutor declaration form signed by the parent.
A completed and signed application form.
With these documents, the University will be able to obtain Greek government certification of your acceptance letter to the University. In continuation the letter will be mailed to you.
With the certified student letter you can apply to the nearest Greek Consulate for a student visa stamped in your passport.
Once you’re in Greece it is extremely important for you to declare your money at your place of entry by filling out a financial declaration form. Please keep the original copy of this form as it will be requested for the process of obtaining a student residence permit in Greece. Also, check with the Admissions Office for further information as how to go about filing for a residence permit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The University cannot accept legal responsibility for your residency as a student in Greece.
- An original invitation from a firm or an authority to attend meetings, conferences or events with regards to trade, industry or work.
- Entry tickets for fairs and congresses (also contracts, payments of invoices etc).
- Documents proving the applicant's employment status in the company (Contract, proof of social security contributions, pay slips, etc).
Journeys undertaken for the purposes of study or other types of trainingA certificate of enrolment at an educational establishment for the purposes of attending vocational or theoretical courses in the framework of basic and graduate or postgraduate training; or an invitation from the host educational establishment.
Time required to issue a visa
Visas will be normally issued in a couple of days; you are required to pick up your travel documents on the date stamped on your collection slip. However, for specific nationalities a consultation with the central authorities of the member states is required. Therefore, the waiting period will be longer (approximately 15 days). When additional documentation is believed necessary, the waiting period may as well be extended. You should also take into consideration that the issuance of visas for applications received by post require more time.
Reapplying for a visa
You are free to reapply at any time if your application has been refused earlier. There is no time gap to be observed after a Refusal to make a fresh application. However, it is recommended that you note the reasons for the earlier Refusal before submitting a new application and make amendments where applicable.
Travelers visiting just one Schengen country大中华彩票平台app should apply to the Consulate of that country大中华彩票平台app; travelers visiting more than one Schengen country大中华彩票平台app should apply to the Consulate of the country大中华彩票平台app chosen as the main destination or the country大中华彩票平台app they will enter first (if they have no main destination).
Important note: Persons arriving in and departing from Greece on a charter flight risk having the return portion of their ticket invalidated by the authorities if, at any time during their stay, they leave Greece and remain overnight or longer in another country大中华彩票平台app.
Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The use of this website is at the viewer/user's sole risk. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, outdated or misleading information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
Source & 大中华彩票平台app: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Greece in the World - URL: www.mfa.gr
- Embassy of Greece Washington, DC – URL: www.greekembassy.org
The viewer/user of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user's own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country大中华彩票平台app or destination.